Easy to make Waldorf Salad with mayonnaise and honey. Complete step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions on Taste of Southern.com.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Red Delicious Apples
- 1 cup Celery
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Walnuts
- Wash the apples and celery under cool running water.
- Slice the celery into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place mayonnaise in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the honey.
- Add the salt.
- Add the black pepper.
- Whisk ingredients together to fully combine.
- Taste the dressing to see if it needs a bit more honey or sugar.
- Core the apples and cut into small diced pieces.
- Place apples in bowl with dressing. Toss to coat.
- Add the celery.
- Add the raisins.
- Add the walnuts if serving right away. Wait if not.
- Fold gently to fully coat with the dressing.
You can use sugar if you don’t want to use the honey. And, red grapes are often sliced and used instead of raisins. There are lots of recipes and variations on this well known salad. Try our basic recipe first, then make it your own.
Keywords: Waldorf Salad, side dish, made from scratch, Duke's Mayonnaise, southern recipes, easy