Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe, to make this easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Great for your favorite cakes, or your favorite cupcakes. We suggest your try it on our Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Confectioners’ Sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix for several minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating on low speed until sugar is well incorporated.
- Add vanilla.
- Add salt.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add food coloring, if desired, after all ingredients have been incorporated.
This recipe is courtesy of OXO Good Grips, as developed in their Test Kitchen.
Keywords: Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe, OXO, Cake frostings,