Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make this moist and delicious Strawberry Bread recipe. We are using fresh picked berries while they’re readily available and in season.
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups + 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour, separated
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 ¼ cups Vegetable Oil
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries, diced, drained, tossed in Flour
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease two loaf pans. Approx. 8-1/2 x 4-1/2
- Remove tops from berries, rinse well. Set aside.
- Sift the flour.
- Measure level cups of flour, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the salt.
- Add the baking soda.
- Whisk together to combine.
- Place the oil in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring gently to combine.
- Dice the strawberries, toss with 2 Tablespoons of reserved flour.
- Fold the berries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter, divided evenly, into the loaf pans.
- Bake in 350F degree oven for 60-70 minutes, or until done. Test with toothpick.
- Remove baked bread from the oven. Place pans on wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, run a thin knife around inside edges of pan. Turn bread out on wire racks.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing and serving.
It’s best to dice the berries rather than chop them. And, be sure to coat the diced berries with a bit of flour before adding them to the batter. This will keep the berries from just sinking to the bottom of the pan.
Tap your loaf for a bit of a hollow sound, and test it with a wooden skewer or toothpick to be sure it’s done before removing it from the oven. Under baked bread may be a bit soggy.
Keywords: strawberry bread recipe, fruit bread, strawberries, strawberry, southern, easy