Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for making these delicious Squash Fritters. It’s a bit of a twist on regular fried squash and can be made as a side dish or as an appetizer. Just a couple of small squash will go a long way and your family will be asking you to make some more in no time at all.
- 2 cups of raw Squash, grated
- 1 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Pinch of Baking Powder
- Cooking oil for frying.
- Wash squash and pat dry with a paper towel, cut off both ends.
- Peel and chop one small onion, enough to equal 1 cup.
- Grate squash with a box grater, enough to equal 2 cups.
- Break two eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk with a fork.
- Add grated squash.
- Add chopped onions.
- Add Salt
- Add Sugar
- Add Black Pepper
- Add Baking Powder
- Add Flour
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, add 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil and the butter, let butter melt.
- Drop the squash mixture by spoon into hot skillet, cook about 3-5 minutes on both sides until brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and let drain.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
You could use just about any type of squash to make this recipe. Zucchini would be great or a mixture of both yellow squash and zuchini.
Keywords: Squash Fritters Recipe, made from scratch, squash, Duke's Mayonnaise, southern recipes, easy