Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this Southern Style Potato Salad, just like my Mama always made. Potato Salad is a great side dish to any meal. Perfect for church dinners, picnics, and so much more. Printable recipe included.
- 5lbs Potatoes
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 medium Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 hard boiled Eggs, chopped
- 1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sweet Pickles, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Wash, peel, and cube the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in boiling water, boil until tender. About 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, place in large mixing bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the veggies.
- Dice the bell pepper.
- Dice the onion.
- Chop the boiled eggs.
- Chop the sweet pickles.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, eggs, pickles.
- Add the mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper, and mayo.
- Gently stir everything together until potatoes are coated.
- Taste, add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving for best flavor.
Keywords: Southern Potato Salad Recipe, made from scratch, Duke's Mayo, how to make, southern recipes