A sweet dessert doesn’t get much easier than this. Just a few ingredients and some fresh, or even frozen blueberries is all you need to bake our Southern Blueberry Cobbler.
- 4 cups Blueberries
- ½ stick Butter
- 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place butter in a 9×9 casserole dish.
- Place dish in heated oven just long enough to melt the butter. Remove and set aside.
- Sort through blueberries to remove any stems, leaves or other debris.
- Place blueberries in a colander and rinse gently under cold running water. Let drain.
- Place flour in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the milk.
- Mix together until fully combined.
- Add the melted butter.
- Mix again until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into the casserole dish.
- Spread blueberries over the top of the batter mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350F degrees for one hour, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries.
Keywords: southern blueberry cobbler, blueberries, cobbler, easy, southern, old fashioned