Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for Skillet BBQ Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Recipe. When you need a quick and economical meal all the family will enjoy….make it chicken and potatoes. We’re cooking it all up in one cast iron skillet so clean up is just as quick. You can use your favorite BBQ Sauce but, we’re making one from scratch….right in the pan.
- 4 Chicken Thighs, rinsed.
- 2 Medium Potatoes, sliced.
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
Preheat Oven to 350º.
- Slice butter into the bottom of a Cast Iron Skillet.
- Arrange chicken thighs in skillet.
- Add Salt to taste.
- Add Black Pepper to taste.
- Add Garlic Powder to taste.
- Add Mustard.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Add Brown Sugar
- Add Ketchup
- Wash and slice potatoes, arrange slices over top of chicken.
- Add a little more Ketchup.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Wrap top of skillet with Aluminum Foil.
- Place in pre-heated 350º oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully uncover, watch for steam, it’s hot.
- Use tongs to remove chicken thighs. Re-arrange potatoes in skillet.
- Place thighs back in pan, skin side up, sprinkle with paprika.
- Return to oven, uncovered, bake 20 more minutes or until thighs test done.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
You could use your favorite BBQ Sauce if you don’t want to make the one we’ve listed here. Use the drippings to make a thicker sauce or gravy once the chicken has cooked.
Keywords: Skillet BBQ Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Recipe, made from scratch, bbq sauce, bbq, southern recipes, chicken