Follow step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for making this Shrimp Po’ Boy Sandwich. We’ll show you how to make your own seafood breader, how to deep fry the shrimp, and how to assemble this quick and easy sandwich. Bring the taste of the coast right to your table.
- ½ lb Shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Evaporated Milk
- French Bread, or hoagie type rolls.
- Tartar Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onions for toppings
- Lard for frying.
- Peel, de-vein, and rinse shrimp if needed. Drain well.
- Place shrimp in a small bowl.
- Add Evaporated Milk, stir well, set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl…
- Add flour.
- Add cornmeal.
- Add salt.
- Add black pepper.
- Add onion powder.
- Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Place lard in a medium sauce pot over medium heat on your stove top.
- Heat the lard to 375°F for frying.
- Place shrimp in breader mixture.
- Toss the shrimp in breader until lightly coated.
- Shake off excess flour. Place shrimp in oil.
- Let shrimp cook for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring as needed.
- Remove shrimp from hot oil, place on brown paper bag and let drain.
- Prepare the rolls.
- Add tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato slices, and onions as desired.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Keywords: Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich, made from scratch, fresh shrimp, tartar sauce, southern recipes