Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for making Sausage Gravy from scratch. Just a few simple ingredients are all you’ll need to prepare a delicious breakfast of Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. This quick and easy pan gravy is sure to please all the family.
- 1 lb of pork sausage
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork sausage, break it up with a spoon or fork and let it brown until fully cooked.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove the meat from the pan. Set aside for now.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of butter into the skillet, let melt.
- Add the flour, one Tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly to make a roux.
- Continue to stir and let the mixture cook for a minute or two, don’t let it burn.
- Slowly stir in milk, about ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly to work it all together.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Test it for flavor, as you go.
- Add the cooked sausage back into the pan, stir well.
- Let the gravy and sausage simmer for a minute or two until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve warm and Enjoy.
Leftovers can be refrigerated for 2-3 days as needed.
Keywords: Sausage Gravy Recipe, made from scratch, breakfast, pan gravy, gravies, southern recipes, easy