Follow our easy, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this delicious breakfast treat and served up all in one bowl. We’re using some leftover rice to expand this quick and easy breakfast dish into a great way to start your morning. Or, how about just for supper? That will work. Printable recipe included.
- 2 cups long grain Rice
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Eggs, cooked over easy
- 1/3 lb. Sausage, cooked
- 8 Grape Tomatoes, quartered
- 4 Tablespoons Grated Cheddar Cheese
- These instructions are for boiling rice in conjunction with the OXO strainer.
- Rice may also be cooked following directions on package if desired.
- Place rice in OXO strainer, rinse well under cold running water.
- Place rice in a large bowl, cover well with cold water.
- Set rice aside, let soak for 30 minutes.
- Pour rice into the OXO strainer and let drain.
- Place 8 cups cold water in a large sauce pot.
- Place sauce pot over Medium-High heat on stovetop.
- Bring water to a low boil.
- Add rice.
- Add apple cider vinegar.
- Add Salt. Stir briefly.
- Cover the sauce pot.
- Bring rice to low boil, let boil for 8 minutes, stirring every three minutes or so.
- Remove rice from stovetop.
- Using the OXO strainer, drain all the water from the rice. Set rice aside to cool.
- Place ground sausage in skillet, over medium heat. Cook sausage until browned.
- Add quartered tomatoes. Let sauté with sausage for about one minute.
- Prepare eggs, cooking as desired.
- To assemble the rice bowl…
- Place one cup of cooked rice in a small bowl.
- Add the cooked eggs.
- Add the cooked sausage and tomatoes. Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: Sausage Egg Cheese Rice Bowl, OXO, southern recipes