Easy to follow, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions on how to make this Sausage and Rice Casserole. Printable recipe included.
- 1 lb fresh Sausage
- 1 cup White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup Celery, sliced
- 1 16oz package Frozen Green, Red, Yellow Peppers and Onions
- 1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Lightly butter a 3-quart casserole baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Place rice in large mixing bowl.
- Place a skillet over Medium heat on your stove top.
- Add the sausage. Crumble and cook sausage until lightly browned.
- Scoop sausage from the skillet and add to the rice.
- Slice the celery, about ¼ inch thick slices.
- Place chopped celery in skillet with reserved grease.
- Add the frozen vegetable mix.
- Let vegetables cook for about three minutes, stirring often, until fully thawed.
- Add the vegetables to the sausage and rice bowl.
- Add the milk.
- Add the mushroom soup.
- Add the salt.
- Add the black pepper.
- Stir everything together, mixing well, until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the grated cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Do not let the cheese burn.
- Serve while hot.
Keywords: sausage and rice casserole recipe, peppers, onions, made from scratch, southern, easy