Southern Fried Salmon Patties: This is fish even the kids will enjoy eating. Simple, quick, easy to make, and tastes even better between two slices of bread or in a bun. Add a little mayo or whip up your own special sauce and you’ve got supper on the table in no time flat.
- 1 – 12oz. can of Pink Salmon
- 2 – whole Eggs
- 1/4 – cup of chopped Onions
- 1/4 – cup of chopped Bell Pepper
- 2 – Tablespoons of Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 – teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 – Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 – teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 – teaspoon of Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 1/2 – teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 – slice of crumbled up White Bread
- 1/4 – cup of Flour, added slowly, as needed to adjust consistency.
- Open the canned Salmon and place in a colander in the sink to drain.
- Remove any large bones if not wanted. They are edible however.
- Flake the salmon with a fork.
- Place the flaked salmon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add two whole Eggs
- Add the chopped Onions and the chopped Bell Peppers
- Add the Corn Meal
- Add Salt
- Add Garlic Powder
- Add Mayonnaise
- Add Worcestershire Sauce
- Add Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- Add Ground Black Pepper
- Crumble the slice of bread and toss it in the bowl.
- Gently mix the ingredients together, don’t over work.
- If the mixture is very moist, add flour as needed to adjust consistency.
- Divide and shape the mixture into four patties. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add shortening or oil for frying.
- Place the patties in the skillet, brown the bottom.
- Carefully turn the patties over and brown the other side.
- When brown on both sides, remove from skillet and drain on paper towel.
- Serve while warm and Enjoy!
You can make up the patties and refrigerate for up to about 6 hours ahead time if needed. For more crunch on the outside, you might consider rolling the patties in bread crumbs before frying. They should be moist enough to hold the crumbs as they are.
Keywords: Salmon Patties Recipe, made from scratch, homemade, salmon, fish, southern recipes