Summers bounty of vegetables are everywhere right now. Here’s a great way to prepare some of your favorites in a way that just about anyone will love….even that person that doesn’t normally eat a lot of vegetables. Roasting vegetables in the oven just brings about a whole different level of flavors and, this quick and simple recipe can be used as a main dish or, as a side dish to just about any meal.
- 2 Zucchini, sliced
- 2 Summer Squash, sliced
- 2 Onions, peeled and sliced
- 8 Red Skin New Potatoes, sliced
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced.
- 2 Ears of Corn, cut into small sections
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Bell Peppers, sliced.
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Preheat Oven to 375º.
- Line a jelly roll type pan with aluminum foil.
- Quarter the Roma Tomatoes, sprinkle with Olive Oil and set aside.
- Wash other vegetables, cut, slice and prepare as needed.
- Place all vegetables in a plastic bag or bowl.
- Add Olive Oil, toss or shake vegetables until coated with oil.
- Spread vegetables on foil lined pan, in a single layer.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Place in oven set to 375º, bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir vegetables, add the Roma Tomatoes, sprinkle with salt as desired and return to oven.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Keywords: Roasted Vegetables Recipe, made from scratch, fresh vegetables, southern recipes, easy