Follow our easy, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe on how to make Pork Tenderloin Biscuits. These are an old Southern favorite, and so quick and easy to make. Have some for breakfast, freeze some for later.
- 1 lb Pork Tenderloin
- ½ cup Self Rising Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Rinse tenderloin under cool running water. Pat dry.
- Carefully remove any silver skin or sinew from the tenderloin.
- Slice about 1 to 1 ½ inch thick slices.
- Place slices between plastic wrap or in a plastic food storage bag.
- Pound the tenderloin to flatten. About ½ inch thick.
- Place flour in a small bowl or on a plate.
- Add the tenderloin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge both sides of tenderloin in the flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Add about ¼ inch of cooking oil to skillet.
- Carefully place floured tenderloins in hot skillet.
- Brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes each.
- Remove from skillet when done, place on paper towel to drain.
- Serve tenderloin slices between a hot buttermilk biscuit.
If you have any leftovers, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze them for later. A minute or so in the microwave should do it.
Keywords: pork tenderloin biscuits, breakfast, made from scratch, dukes mayonnaise, southern