Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make our Pigs In A Blanket Wreath. This super quick and easy appetizer will be a family favorite for years to come. Crescent rolls surround your favorite franks, or little smokies and bake up in just minutes.
- 1 refrigerated package of Crescent Rolls
- 1 package of Frankfurters or Little Smokies sausages
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- Slice the frankfurters as needed.
- Unroll the packaged crescent roll dough.
- Remove one triangle of dough. Slice it into three sections.
- Place a cut frank on the larger end of the dough piece.
- Roll the frank in the crescent roll, sealing the loose end by pressing the dough together.
- Arrange the franks in a circle on a baking sheet.
- Place one egg in a small bowl.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of water. Whisk well with a fork or small whisk.
- Brush a light coating of this egg wash on the top of the dough wrapped franks.
- Sprinkle each roll with a few poppy seeds.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a 375F degree oven.
- Remove when the tops are lightly browned. Do not let the bottoms burn.
- Decorate the wreath as desired. Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
If you plan to move these from their baking pan once they are baked, line your pan with a piece of parchment paper before arranging the pieces in a circle.
Keywords: Pigs In A Blanket Wreath, pigs in a blanket, crescent roll dogs, southern recipes, easy, Christmas appetizers