Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this combination pork sausage and ground beef meatloaf. We’re using a mild flavored sausage, and recipe from an old North Carolina company known as Neese Sausage. You could take it up a notch by adding hot sausage if you’d prefer. Either way, we’ve got a new twist on an old favorite. Printable recipe included.
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Beef
- ½ lb Neese’s Country Sausage, mild
- 1 ½ cups crumbled Cornbread
- 1 can Onion Soup, 10 ½ oz.
- 1 can Tomato Sauce, 8oz.
- ¼ cup Green Pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup Celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Dice the green pepper and celery into small pieces.
- Place a skillet over medium heat on your stove top. Add butter when pan is heated.
- Saute green pepper and celery in butter until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef.
- Add Neese’s Sausage.
- Use your fingers and crumble the meats up. Mix together well.
- Crumble the cornbread and add to the mixture.
- Add onion soup.
- Add slightly beaten eggs.
- Add salt.
- Add black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pack meat into a greased 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Pour Tomato sauce over loaf.
- Bake at 350º for 60 minutes.
Adapted from the cookbook “Recipes from Neese, the best smelling taste in the kitchen.” Edition II N76
Keywords: Neese's Sausage Beef Meatloaf, made from scratch, Neese's Sausage, corn bread, meat loaf, southern recipes, pork