Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this quick and easy Meatball Appetizer. Always a favorite for family get-togethers, holiday parties, or game day. They’re super easy with a sauce made from grape jelly and chili sauce.
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- ½ cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Onions, chopped
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil for frying, if needed.
For the sauce.
- 1 (12oz) bottle Chili Sauce
- 1 (10oz) jar Grape Jelly
- Green Onions, chopped (optional for garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the following…
- Add ground beef.
- Add bread crumbs.
- Add milk.
- Add chopped onions.
- Add Salt.
- Add Black Pepper.
- Using your hands, mix well and shape into one-inch sized balls.
- Cook meatballs in vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until brown.
- Remove meatballs. Drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- In a large sauce pot, add the grape jelly.
- Add chili sauce.
- Cook chili sauce and jelly, stirring often, over medium heat until jelly is melted.
- Add the meatballs to the jelly-chili mixture.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to chafing dish to keep warm.
- Sprinkle top with chopped green onions if desired as garnish.
Make these a day or two ahead of time, or make the meatballs then freeze them for serving weeks later.
Keywords: Meatball Appetizer Recipes, jelly, cocktail meatballs, southern recipes,