Follow our easy step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for making this really great Mahi-Mahi with Macadamia Nut Sauce. We re-created this recipe for the Our State Magazine website based on a recipe from one of their 1967 magazines. It was a time before Dolphin Fish became known as Mahi-Mahi and… back when it was bringing a good price at 1.00 per pound. My, how times do change.
- 2 pounds of Mahi-Mahi fillets (Dolphin Fish)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Dash of Black Pepper
Macadamia Nut Sauce:
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- Prepare the Macadamia Nut Sauce by lightly browning the nuts in butter. Add the parsley. Set aside and keep warm. Makes 1 cup of sauce.
For the fish:
- Skin fillets and cut into serving size portions.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
- Combine butter and lemon juice.
- Place fish on a well-greased broiler pan and brush with butter and lemon juice mixture.
- Broil about 3 inches from heat source for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn fillets, brush with butter and lemon juice mixture.
- Broil for about 4-5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place fish on a warm serving platter.
- Pour Macadamia Nut Sauce over fish.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Keywords: Mahi-Mahi with Macadamia Nut Sauce Recipe, dolphin fish, our state magazine, southern recipes