Follow our easy, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to prepare this old fashioned Macaroni and Tomatoes dish.
- 2 cups Macaroni, uncooked
- 1lb fresh Tomatoes
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Bacon Grease
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- Chop onion.
- Dice tomato into small pieces.
- Place a medium sized sauce pan, over Medium heat, on your stovetop.
- Add bacon grease.
- Add onion.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add salt
- Add black pepper.
- Add sugar.
- Stir ingredients together and cook gently until onions are translucent.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot.
- Stir together, continue to cook for about 5 minutes more.
Remove from heat.
- Cover the pot with a lid.
- Let sit for 15-25 minutes before serving.
Canned diced tomatoes work well if you don’t have fresh ones. Just drain the juice off the tomatoes in the can before adding them to the onions.
Keywords: Macaroni and Tomatoes, old fashioned macaroni and tomatoes, sugar, easy