Follow our compete, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for making this old fashioned kidney bean salad recipe.
- 1 can Bush’s Dark Red Kidney Beans (16oz), rinsed and drained
- 2 hard-boiled Eggs, chopped
- ½ cup Celery, chopped
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sweet Pickle Relish
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Drain kidney beans in a colander. Rinse and drain again. Let drain well.
- Chop the eggs.
- Chop the celery.
- Chop the onions.
- Place the mayonnaise in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the pickle relish.
- Add the black pepper.
- Add the salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the chopped eggs.
- Add the chopped celery.
- Add the chopped onions.
- Add the drained kidney beans.
- Fold everything together until well combined.
- Refrigerate the salad for 1-2 hours, or overnight if possible, before serving.
Some recipes call for dill pickles instead of sweet. I’m not a dill pickle fan so I opted to use the sweet pickle relish for this recipe.
Other variations called for Italian Dressing as opposed to using Mayonnaise. Try it both ways to see which you like best.
Keywords: kidney bean salad, kidney bean salad with mayonnaise, easy