Follow step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions and learn how to roast peppers in your oven. Roasting peppers is a great way to preserve some of the summers bounty of peppers, and you’ll find lots of uses for them in the weeks ahead. We’re roasting these to use as a pizza topping and we’ll show you just how easy it is to do. Printable recipe included.
- 5–6 Bell Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, optional
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash peppers under cold running water.
- Cut each pepper in half.
- Remove seeds, stems, and trim away excess pith.
- Place cleaned peppers in bowl.
- Add vegetable oil.
- Use your fingers to coat each pepper, inside and out, in the oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place peppers on a large baking pan, leaving ample space between each one.
- Place in 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until peppers are tender and charred.
- Remove from oven, place back in bowl and cover with plastic wrap until cool.
- Remove skins, scraping as needed to clean.
- Place in a small jar and cover with olive oil until needed.
- Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Keywords: How To Roast Peppers Recipe, do it yourself, DIY, bell peppers, roasted peppers, made from scratch, southern recipes