Enjoy the taste of fresh peaches all year long with our delicious Peach Jam recipe. Our step-by-step photo instructions will show you just how easy it is to “save summer in a jar” with local peaches fresh from the orchard. Spread this jam on a hot biscuit or some buttered toast and just step back into summer with every bite. Canning jam is easier than you think and this is a simple and easy recipe perfect for anyone to try.
- 4 pounds of fresh Peaches
- 3 cups of Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup of Water
Prepare the jars for canning
- Wash jars and bands in hot, soapy water. Rinse
- Place jars inside a canner filled with water, bring to boil.
- Boil jars for 15 minutes to sterilize.
- Place lids and bands in warm water, do not boil. Leave until ready to use.
Peach Jam Recipe:
- Rinse the peaches under cool running water.
- Place whole fresh peaches in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove and place in a sink with cold ice water.
- Peel peaches, remove the pit, slice in half, then into quarters.
- Slice each quarter into 2 or 3 chunks.
- Place cut peaches in bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Place in food processor and pulse into small bits but do not liquefy.
- Place a saucepot on stove, set to medium heat.
- Add water, then sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add peach pulp and continue to stir until it thickens.
- As it thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking and burning.
- When done, ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, wipe rim, add lid and band. Finger tighten.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner or according to the time for your altitude.
- Remove from canner, and place on folded towel for 24 hours in a draft free location.
- May be stored in a dark cool place for a year or longer.
Disclaimer: This is not an all inclusive recipe for making jam. You should have a basic knowledge and understanding of the canning process before proceeding. Please consult your local Agricultural Extension Service for additional information and available classes.
Keywords: How To Can Peach Jam Without Pectin, pectin free, made from scratch, home food preservation, peaches, southern recipes