Easy to follow, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions on how to make Hamburger Steak. Printable recipe included.
- 1lb Ground Beef (80/20)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- Slice the onion and set it aside for now.
- Crumble the beef into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the salt.
- Add the black pepper.
- Add the garlic powder.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Use your hands to mix ingredients well.
- Shape beef into desired size steaks.
- Place steaks into skillet, do not overcrowd.
- Brown the steaks for about 2-3 minutes each side, turning as needed.
- Remove the steaks and place on a plate for later. Steaks will not be done at this time.
- If needed, remove all but about 2 Tablespoons of any grease remaining in pan.
- Add the sliced onions. Saute until translucent, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Place the steaks back into the skillet on top of the onions
- Add the beef broth, scraping the bottom of the pan gently to loosen any browned bits.
- Simmer steaks and onion, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes.
Use a good grade of ground beef, somewhere around a 80/20 meat to fat ratio. You can double the recipe if needed, just don’t overcrowd the skillet.
Keywords: hamburger steak with onions and gravy recipe, ground beef, ground prime rib, pan gravy, southern, easy