Easy to follow, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for making this old fashioned, Southern style Ham Salad. Great for sandwiches, on crackers, or chop it really fine and use as a dip with crackers and vegetables.
- 2 cups Ham, chopped as desired
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, chopped
- ½ cup Celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sugar, optional, depending on your relish.
- Chop the ham as finely as desired.
- Place boiled egg in a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the chopped ham.
- Add chopped celery.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add pickle relish.
- Add yellow mustard.
- Add sugar.
- Add black pepper.
- Use a wooden spoon and mix together well.
- Add more mayo or pickle juice for a creamier ham salad.
- Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
The pickles I use are homemade and very sweet. Store bought pickles and/or relish will probably not be as sweet. That’s why I added the option of adding a little extra sugar to the recipe if you’d like. Experiment a bit and make the recipe your own.
Keywords: southern ham salad recipe, made from scratch, ham salad, pork, easy