Step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for making Ground Beef with Mushroom Gravy on Taste of Southern.com.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 can Mushroom Gravy (10.5oz.)
- 1 soup can of Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Place a skillet over Medium heat on your stove top.
- Add the ground beef.
- Break the beef apart as it begins to brown, stirring often.
- Drain any excess grease from the beef once it’s fully browned.
- Add the can of mushroom soup.
- Fill the can with milk, add the milk to the mixture.
- Add the black pepper.
- Add the salt.
- Stir well, until fully combined.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, uncovered, for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles.
This recipe can easily be doubled if needed. Try adding onions, maybe bell peppers if desired. For more robust beef flavor, try adding half a cup of beef broth and half a cup of milk instead of a full cup of milk.
Keywords: Ground Beef with Mushroom Gravy, rice, fresh ground beef, southern recipes, easy