Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for Grilled Vidalia Steaks with Sweet Italian Sausage. We’re headed to the park to grill up some delicious Vidalia onions along with Sweet Italian Sausages. Serve these thick sliced onions on a plate or, grab a bun and make up a sausage dog with onions that will have all the family begging for more.
- 2 large Vidalia Onions, peeled, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausages, 5 links
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5 Wooden Skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place charcoal in grill and light according to package directions.
- Place sausages on grill and cook until 160º internal temperature, turning as needed.
- Peel onions, slice into large slices about ½ inch thick.
- Carefully slide skewers into onion slices.
- Coat both sides of each slice with Olive Oil.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place onion slices on grill.
- Add butter to each slice.
- Sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce.
- Grill onions until slightly transparent and tender.
- Serve warm, with sausages and enjoy.
Keywords: Grilled Vidalia Steaks with Sweet Italian Sausage Recipe, our state magazine, southern recipes