Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this super easy Grated Apple Pie. All you need are about 4 of your favorite apples, just a couple of more ingredients, and you’re all done. Grate the apples by hand, or speed it up even more by placing the apples, skins and all, in your food processor. It’s so easy.
- 3 cups Apples, unpeeled, grated – about 4 apples
- 1 stick Butter or Margarine, melted
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 deep dish pie crust, or two 9 inch crusts, unbaked
- Wash apples under cold running water.
- Grate the unpeeled apples, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, stir gently to coat the apples.
- Add flour.
- Add cinnamon.
- Add salt.
- Add beaten egg, stir gently.
- Add sugar.
- Gently mix all ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
Makes 1 deep dish pie, or two 9 inch pies.
Keywords: Grated Apple Pie Recipe, made from scratch, southern recipes