Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this super easy pizza dough. No kneading is required. It only takes a few minutes to mix up the dough and after a short rest, you can add your favorite toppings and enjoy your own delicious homemade pizza.
- 5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Instant Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups room-temperature water
- Place flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Add salt.
- Add olive oil.
- Add yeast.
- Add water.
- Stir all ingredients together with a wooden spoon, or place in electric mixer.
- Once combined, set the dough aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir again for 3 to 5 minutes, adding more water or flour as needed.
- Dough should be wetter and stickier than typical bread dough. Dry enough to hold together and pull away from the side of the bowl when mixed, but doesn’t need to be dry enough to knead by hand.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Lightly coat each one with olive oil.
- Place each piece in a separate freezer bag.
- Refrigerate dough over night or at least six hours prior to use.
- Dough should be at room temperature before spreading and using.
- Freeze remaining dough for up to a month in your freezer.
- Frozen dough should be moved from freezer to refrigerator the night before use then allowed to reach room temperature for a couple of hours before spreading and using.
Dough may be frozen for up to a month in your freezer.
Keywords: Easy Pizza Dough Recipe, OXO Grate & Slice Review, made from scratch, pizza pan, southern recipes