Follow step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make these oven baked, crispy, barbecue chicken wings. We’re featuring Dimples BBQ Sauce, a North Carolina favorite out of Raleigh, North Carolina. It’s the perfect appetizer for family time around the TV on game day. Don’t forget to bring the napkins, you’re going to need them.
- 3 lbs Frozen Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Dimples BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Corn Starch
- Rinse chicken wings under cold running water and let drain in a colander.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the following…
- Add Salt.
- Add Black Pepper.
- Add Garlic Powder.
- Add Corn Starch.
- Stir well to mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the chicken wings, a few at a time, turning to coat the wings all over.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer on the parchment paper, leaving space between each piece.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, overnight or for at least 8-12 hours if possible.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake wings for 30 minutes, then turn each wing section over on the baking sheet.
- Return to oven and bake until internal temperature reaches 165º
- Place wings in a large mixing bowl. Top with Dimples BBQ Sauce.
- Shake well to coat evenly with BBQ Sauce.
- Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
If you can’t find Dimples BBQ Sauce in your grocery store, substitute with a sweet barbecue sauce of your choice. Or, you can visit the Dimples website and order online.
Keywords: BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, made from scratch, bbq wings, dimples bbq sauce, southern recipes