Follow step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for making our Crab Annie pasta recipe. Careful, Annie comes packing heat, perhaps you’ve heard about her. Made with fresh Blue Crab meat, you could easily substitute imitation crab meat to save a little money if desired. Annie is pretty frugal anyway, she wouldn’t mind. This dish comes together quickly, is served warm, and the whole family will enjoy it.
- 1 lb. Rotini Pasta, cooked, and reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ cup reserved cooking liquid from cooked pasta
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (about 20) Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tablespoons Crab Annie Seasoning Blend (recipe below)
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 2 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Tablespoons Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Heavy Cream, or Half-N-Half
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 lb. Blue Crab meat, cooked
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Salt to taste
Crab Annie Seasoning Blend
- For Crab-Shrimp-Fish-Poultry
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Celery Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Sage
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- Place all spices in a small container, cap, shake well to fully mix.
Prep vegetables before cooking.
- Cook pasta shells in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove ½ cup of the cooking liquid and set aside.
- Drain pasta.
- Return pasta to cooking pot.
- Add olive oil.
- Add the reserved cooking liquid, toss well, and cover to keep warm.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat on your stove top.
- Add butter and let melt.
- Add onion and bell peppers, cook, stirring until soft and tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic. Stir and let cook one minute. Do not allow to burn.
- Add the halved grape tomatoes, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Crab Annie Seasoning Blend, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the two Tablespoons of vinegar mixed with 2 Tablespoons of water.
- Add Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- Add heavy cream.
- Add lemon juice.
- Continue to stir and cook until liquid has slightly reduced and thickened.
- Add crab meat, continue to stir and let meat warm through.
- Add the sauce mixture to the cooked pasta.
- Add ½ cup of the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Stir lightly to combine. Taste, and add salt if needed.
- Place in serving bowls and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Make this with Imitation Crab Meat if desired.
Keywords: Crab Annie Recipe, blue crab, pasta, seafood, made from scratch, crab monica, jazz festival, southern recipes