Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this delicious sheet pan dinner featuring Cornish Hens. We’ve teamed up with OXO Good Grips for a look at more of their great tools for your kitchen. You just need one pan to make a complete meal.
- 2 Cornish Hens, fully thawed
- 2 ears of fresh Corn, cleaned
- 1 lb small Red Potatoes
- 1 Yellow Summer Squash
- 1 Zucchini Squash
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- ¼ stick Butter, melted
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cornish Hens must be completely thawed before roasting.
- Rinse all vegetables under cool running water, set aside to drain.
- Rinse the game hens under cool running water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Inject marinade into hens if desired.
- Place breast side up on roasting pan.
- Season hen with salt and pepper as desired.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes, place on roasting pan with hens.
- Place the sheet pan in the preheated oven.
- Let cook for 30 minutes
- Remove husk and silk from the ears of corn. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Slice the red potatoes in half. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Cut the yellow squash into chunks. Add to bowl.
- Cut the zucchini into chunks. Add to bowl.
- Cut the carrots into chunks. Add to bowl.
- Drizzle the vegetables with a small amount of olive oil. Toss well to coat.
- Cut the onions into quarters.
- After hens have been roasting for 30 minutes, remove the pan from the oven.
- Spread the vegetables around the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Baste the hens with a small amount of butter. Return the pan to the oven.
- Continue to roast the hens until done. Internal temperature should reach 180F degrees.
- When done, remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: Cornish Game Hen Recipe, sheet pan dinner, game hen, OXO