Easy to follow, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe on how to make Corn Maque Choux as seen on Taste of Southern.
- 3 slices Bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped Onions
- ¼ cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 can Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained (10oz)
- 1 can Whole-Kernel Corn, undrained (12oz)
- 3 cans Whole-Kernel Corn, drained (12oz)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prep the vegetables: Chop the onions, chop the bell peppers, mince the garlic.
- Drain 3 cans of the corn. Set aside.
- Process the undrained can of corn in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Place bacon in hot skillet and cook until crisp. Drain off excess drippings.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet.
- Add the chopped bell pepper.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Stir often and sauté until onions are tender.
- Add the can of tomatoes with green chilies. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the can of undrained corn.
- Add the drained corn.
- Add the butter. Stir well.
- Cook over Medium heat, uncovered, until the mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
Frozen corn can be used instead of canned. Fresh corn would be even better if available. Try adding some sausage to the skillet after you’ve cooked the bacon to turn this into a full meal in a skillet instead of just a side dish. Lots of possibilities with this. Enjoy!
Keywords: Corn Maque Choux