Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make this old Southern style favorite of Coca-Cola Glazed Ham.
Use a whole ham, ham shank, or butt ham portion.
- 1 Fully Cooked Bone In Ham, butt or shank portion
- 1 box Brown Sugar, 16oz
- 1 cup Coco-Cola
- ½ cup Yellow Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- NOTE: Remove ham from refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
Pre-heat oven to 325F degrees.
- Place the ham, cut side down, in a foil lined baking pan.
- Cover the ham tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place ham on lowest rack position in oven and let bake for one hour.
- Place the brown sugar in a medium sized sauce pot.
- Add the mustard.
- Add the apple cider vinegar.
- Add the ground cloves.
- Add the Coca-Cola, stir well to combine.
- Place the pot on Medium heat on your stove top.
- Let glaze come to a slight boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes to thicken.
- After one hour, remove the foil from the ham and set foil aside.
- Brush the ham with a layer of glaze. Return to oven uncovered to continue to bake.
- Repeat brushing glaze on the ham every 20-30 minutes until done.
- A fully cooked ham should reach an internal temp of 140F degrees before removing from oven.
- Let the ham rest 15-20 minutes prior to slicing and serving.
For best results, remove your ham from the refrigerator one hour prior to baking. This will let the ham come down to about room temperature and will help it to bake more evenly while in the oven.
Bake the ham on the lowest rack position in your oven.
Keywords: Coca-Cola Glazed Ham Recipe, cola ham, glazed ham, southern, easy