Follow step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make this Classic Green Bean Casserole. This super quick and easy dish is a standard for Thanksgiving Dinner, but it’s a perfect side dish for any meal, any time of the year. Thank you Dorcas Reilly for inventing the Green Bean Casserole back in 1955. Millions of us have been enjoying it for years. Printable recipe included.
- 1 can Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (10 ¾ oz)
- 2 cans Green Beans, drained and rinsed (14 ½ oz)
- 1 1/3 cups French’s French Fried Onions
- ¾ cup Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the Mushroom Soup
- Add the milk.
- Add the Black Pepper.
- Add the Green Beans.
- Add 2/3 cup of the Onions.
- Stir mixture well.
- Spoon into a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Gently stir the bean mixture, sprinkle the remaining onions on top.
- Bake another 5 minutes, or until the onions on top are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Frozen Green Beans may be used if preferred.
Keywords: Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe, made from scratch, onions, Thanksgiving, Christmas, southern recipes, easy