Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make these delicious Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes. We’re working with our friends at OXO to make these cupcakes. Just add the frosting of your choice and enjoy.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar.
- Add butter.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add sour cream, mix until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Scraping down bowl after each egg is added.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add water
- Add oil
- Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the flour.
- Add cocoa.
- Add Salt.
- Add Baking Powder
- Add Baking Soda.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then rotate the pan.
- Bake for about 4 more minutes, and then test the cupcakes for doneness.
- Cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake pulls out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan, place on a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Frost as desired.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 12 liners.
All ingredients should be at room temperature prior to mixing.
Be sure to check out our recipe for Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, also on Taste of Southern.com.
Keywords: Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes Recipe, OXO, cupcakes, made from scratch, southern recipes