Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this really quick and easy appetizer. Avoid the rush, make it a day or two ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. And yes, it DOES contain white meat chicken breast. The taste is absolutely delicious. Great for game time, holidays, any event you’ve got coming up.
- 1 5oz. can of Chicken Breast, drained and chopped fine
- 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Seasoning Mix
- 2 8oz. Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped, to roll cheese ball in.
- Place whole pecans in a zip lock bag and beat slightly until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Carefully drain liquid from the canned chicken.
- Finely chop the chicken meat with a knife, or place in a food processor.
- Place chopped meat into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese
- Add seasoning mix.
- Mix all ingredients well with a large spoon.
- Shape the mixture into a round ball, wrap with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for about one hour to let firm up.
- Spread chopped pecans on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll the cheese ball in the pecans until ball is fully coated.
- Shape ball, wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cheese ball may be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days. Serve with Ritz style crackers.
Recipe courtesy of my good friend… “Mama Ruth.”
Keywords: Chicken Cheese Ball Recipe, cheese balls, mama ruth's, southern recipes, easy, our state magazine, ranch dressing mix