Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this easy Chicken Casserole. We’re using egg noodles, and a combination of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup to make the casserole, then topping it with buttery Ritz crackers.
- 1 package Egg Noodles, – 12oz
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup – 10.5oz
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup – 10.5oz
- 1 small container Sour Cream – 8oz
- 2 cups Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked
- 1 package Knorr Chicken Seasoning, or 2 Tablespoons Chicken Granules
- Place 8 cups water in a large saucepan.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Add the Knorr chicken seasoning to the broth. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cook until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from broth. Set aside to cool.
- Remove 1 cup of broth. Set aside for now.
- Place egg noodles in remaining broth.
- Cook egg noodles until done.
- Dice the chicken breasts or pull apart by hand, then place in large mixing bowl.
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup.
- Add the can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Add the sour cream.
- Add the cup of reserved broth.
- Drain the noodles, add the noodles to the mixture.
- Fold all ingredients together until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix the crushed crackers and melted butter together.
- Spread the crackers over the top of the chicken.
- Place dish in oven preheated to 350F degrees, bake 35-45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
You could easily use a pre-cooked rotisserie type chicken if you prefer. Make the casserole a day ahead of time and add the cracker crumb topping just before you bake the dish. Leftovers should not be frozen because of the sour cream in the recipe.
Keywords: Chicken Casserole Recipe, chicken casserole with egg noodles, southern, ritz chicken casserole