Our Blueberry Pie Recipe has a delicious made-from-scratch double crust and is filled with freshly picked local Blueberries. It’s just oozing with flavor and ready for a picnic. Of course, if fresh Blueberries aren’t in season, you can always use some from the freezer. Either way, don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy one of the South’s favorite pies.
- 4 cups of fresh Blueberries, may use frozen if needed.
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice.
- 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- 3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Unsalted Butter, sliced.
- Sort the berries and remove any stems or bad fruit.
- Place berries in a colander and gently rinse under cool water. Let drain.
- Place berries in a bowl and sprinkle with Lemon Juice.
- Use a spoon and gently toss the berries in the Lemon Juice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the Sugar, Cornstarch, Salt and Cinnamon. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the Sugar mixture over the berries and toss to coat well.
- Prepare and place the bottom crust in your pie pan or dish.
- Add the berries to the bottom crust. Spread around evenly.
- Slice pieces of Unsalted Butter over the top.
- Add the top crust, tuck the top crust edges under the bottom crust edges and press the edges together to seal the pie all the way around.
- REFRIGERATE the pie for about 20-30 minutes to let the crust dry.
- Gently wrap Aluminum Foil around the outside edges of the pie to prevent burning.
- Bake at 375º for about 45-50 minutes..or..until the filling is bubbly and the top crust is browned sufficiently. You should remove the Aluminum Foil for about the last 5-10 minutes of baking so the edges can brown as well.
- Remove the pie from the oven when done and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool.
Ready made Pie Shells will work just fine.
Keywords: Blueberry Pie Recipe, made from scratch, double crust, homemade, how to make, southern recipes