Easy to follow, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions on how to make our Blueberry Bread. We’re using fresh blueberries and making this quick and easy bread from scratch. Simple to make, not overly sweet, and you’ll love the cake like texture. Pecans are optional if you’d like to add those.
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Margarine
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Blueberries, fresh preferred
- ½ cup chopped Pecans, optional
Preheat Oven to 350º.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Sift flour and measure out 3 level cups into a large mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder.
- Add salt.
- Add baking soda.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Slice the stick of margarine and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Use a fork or mixer and cream the sugar and margarine together until smooth.
- Add Eggs.
- Add Milk.
- Add Vanilla Extract.
- Stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until all is mixed well.
- Rinse the Blueberries and toss in enough flour to lightly coat the berries.
- Fold in the Blueberries and the optional pecans if using those.
- Carefully spoon the batter into loaf pan.
- Lift the pan about 2 inches off the counter top and drop it a time or two to settle the batter.
- Bake at 350º for about 35-45 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from oven, let cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
Any leftover bread should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in clear plastic wrap.
Keywords: Blueberry Bread Recipe, made from scratch, fresh blueberries, blueberry, dessert, southern recipes