Quick and easy, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for making this old fashioned Biscuit Bread.
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk.
- Add the oil.
- Mix well with a sturdy spoon until fully combined.
- Heat your skillet, then add a light amount of oil to coat the bottom.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet.
- Spread the batter out evenly, just to the edges of the skillet.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- When done, remove from oven and place on wire rack to slightly cool.
- Serve while warm for best results.
It’s not included in the recipe, but a 1/4 teaspoon of Salt might add to the flavor. Spread some melted butter over the top once it’s removed from the oven if desired.
Keywords: Biscuit Bread, easy bread, old fashioned biscuit bread, skillet bread