Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for a quick and easy Beaufort Stew Recipe. When a recipe says “just dump it all in the middle of the table when its done,” that should be enough to make you want to try it. This recipe is easily adaptable to any size family and friends gathering you might be having but, we’re breaking it down to serve 2 – 3 folks. It cooks in one pot in less than an hour, how much easier can it get?
- 1lb. Smoked Sausage
- 1lb. Large, fresh, raw, Shrimp
- 1lb. Red Potatoes
- 2 Ears of corn, shucked and split
- 1 large Onion, sliced and sautéed in butter.
- 1 Lemon, sliced in half.
- 2 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 bag of Zatarains Crawfish, Shrimp, Shrimp & Crab Boil-in-Bag or, use my recipe below.
- 1 Tablespoon, Crushed Red Pepper, optional
Steves Shrimp-Crab Boil Seasoning Recipe:
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Pickling Spice
- 1 teaspoon Whole Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Whole Allspice
- ½ teaspoon Whole Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard Seeds.
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Place all ingredients between layers of cheesecloth, tie into bag.
Prepare the Shrimp-Crab Boil Packet
- Place a large stockpot, half-filled with water, over Medium-High heat.
- Add the bag of Shrimp-Crab Boil Seasoning and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add Old Bay Seasoning
- Squeeze juice from Lemon into pot then, toss both halves into the pot.
- Slice Sausage into 1 – 2 inch links.
- Add the Smoked Sausage to the pot of boiling water and spices.
- Let Sausage boil for 15 minutes.
- Slice one large onion into ¾ inch thick slices, sauté in butter until tender.
- Add Red Potatoes, (cut in half if using larger potatoes.)
- Continue to boil for another 15 minutes.
- Shuck corn, remove silks, break each ear in half.
- Add the corn to the pot.
- Add the sliced Onions.
- Continue to boil for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the shrimp under cool running water, prepare as needed.
- Add the Shrimp.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until shrimp shells turn red. Do Not Overcook the shrimp.
- Drain the water by pouring through a large colander.
- Cover the table with newspaper, pour everything into the middle.
- Serve with warm butter, Cocktail Sauce and Enjoy!
Keywords: Beaufort Stew Recipe, made from scratch, shrimp, red potatoes, sausage, southern recipes