Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this unique dessert. We’ve combined the flavors of a Southern Banana Pudding to make this delicious cheesecake with a Vanilla Wafer crust. It’s much easier to make than you might think.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups Vanilla Wafer Cookies, crushed
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
For the cheesecake:
- 3 Bananas, large and ripe
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 3 8oz packages Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Butter, Cream Cheese and Eggs should be at room temperature before starting.
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place the vanilla wafers in a large freezer type bag. Use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, prepare the crust.
- Add crushed Vanilla Wafers.
- Add sugar.
- Add Ground Cinnamon.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Add melted Butter
- Stir together until all crumbs are well coated.
- Lightly spray the inside of your pan.
- Coat inside edges with sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom of a greased and sugared 9 inch springform pan.
- Place in oven. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Prepare the filling.
- Place bananas in small sauce pan.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mash together until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Cook mixture over Medium heat for about one minute, or until sugar is fully dissolved
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese.
- Beat about 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Gradually add granulated sugar, beating again until smooth and well blended.
- Add corn starch, beat again until blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing just until yellow disappears after each addition.
- Gently fold the banana mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently pour the filling on top of prepared crust.
Reduce oven heat to 300F degrees.
- Bake at 300F degrees for 60-80 minutes, or until cake is done.
- Cheesecake is done when the middle is almost set, but still wiggles a bit when pan is slightly moved.
- Turn off oven. Crack open oven door. Let cheesecake sit in oven until completely cooled.
- Cover cheesecake when cooled. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Remove cheesecake from pan.
- Slice. Serve. Enjoy!
While this cheesecake is pretty simple to prepare, it does need to be refrigerated for 6 hours in order to properly firm up. It’s even better if you can refrigerate it overnight.
Keywords: Banana Pudding Cheesecake Recipe, cheesecake, southern banana pudding, made from scratch, southern recipes