When you’re ready for something sweet, but without all the frosting, this Banana Bread with Crumb Topping is sure to satisfy the craving. You’ll find lots of variations on how to make Banana Bread, and we’ll probably be sharing some other recipes as we go along, because we have several favorites of our own. It’s just the right amount of sweetness that’s perfect with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. Is it bread or dessert?
- 1 – Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 – cup of Sugar
- 1 – teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 – teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 – teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 – Stick of butter, melted
- 1/3 – cup of Buttermilk
- 1 – Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 – ripe Bananas, mashed well
- 1 – teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 – Tablespoon of Flour
- 1 – Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 – teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 – teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 – Tablespoon of Butter, at room temperature.
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl…..
- Add All Purpose Flour
- Add Sugar
- Add Baking Powder
- Add Baking Soda
- Add Salt
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Add melted Butter
- Add Buttermilk
- Add one slightly beaten Egg
- Peel and mash 2 Banana’s
- Add Bananas to the batter.
- Add Vanilla Extract
- Mix well.
- Grease one loaf pan, coating sides and bottom.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Mix the ingredients for the topping.
- Add Flour
- Add Brown Sugar
- Add Cinnamon
- Add Nutmeg
- Add Salt
- Add Butter at room temperature.
- Mix well, drop in chunks over the top of the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack or cloth, let sit 10 minutes.
- Turn the bread out onto a cooling rack and let cool.
- Slice and Enjoy!
- Note: It’s even better the next day if you can save any.
Keywords: Banana Bread with Crumb Topping Recipe, made from scratch, fruit bread, dessert, bananas, southern recipes