Follow, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions for making Strawberry Jam with the Ball FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker. We love to save summer in a jar, and Strawberries are one of our favorites. We’ll show you just how easy it is to make fresh Strawberry Jam with the Ball Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker in less than 30 minutes, then show you how to water bath process the jars so you can enjoy homemade jam, all year long. This recipe is also available on the Fresh Preserving Store website and is the property of Ball Corporation and Jarden Home Brands.
- 2 2/3 cups crushed strawberries (about three 1-lb containers)
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- WASH strawberries in cool, running water and drain.
- Remove stems and hulls.
- Crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher.
- Measure required quantity of crushed berries and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer.
- Add crushed strawberries evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes.
- Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar.
- Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running.
- Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks.
- Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete.
- Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder.
- Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed at www.ballfreshpreserving.com.
Keywords: Strawberry Jam Recipe, Ball FreshTECH, jam and jelly maker, made from scratch, review, strawberries, jam, home food preservation