Healthy and tasty baked sweet potatoes. A very versatile dish that is quick and easy to prepare and offers lots of possible uses. Peel and eat or use them for sweet potato casseroles, sweet potato pies, sweet potato biscuits and much more.
- • 4 or 5 whole Sweet Potatoes
- • Cinnamon, Butter and/or Brown Sugar as desired.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub and wash potatoes well.
- Pat dry with paper towels or just set aside to air dry a few minutes.
- Use a fork to punch a few holes in each potato. Be careful, they’re kinda tough.
- Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and then place in your oven, pre-heated to 350 degrees.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to One Hour, depending on how soft you want them.
- Remove from oven and peel as many as you intend to use.
- Top with a little cinnamon, some pats of butter and brown sugar as desired.
- Serve warm and Enjoy.
(A) Baked sweet potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. Don’t peel them, just put them in a plastic bag or container until you’re ready to use them.
(B) They can also be wrapped in aluminum foil or placed in freezer bags and stored in your freezer for several months. Just thaw them out as needed and warm in the microwave or use in your favorite recipe.
Keywords: Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe, made from scratch, how to bake sweet potatoes, southern recipes