Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make this delicious Atlantic Beach Pie. It features a saltine cracker crust and lemon and lime flavor.
For the Crust
- 1 ½ sleeves Saltine Crackers
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
For the Filling
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14oz)
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- Fresh whipped cream, and a dash of Sea Sat for garnish if desired.
Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place crackers in a large mixing bowl. Crush finely, but not to dust.
- Add the sugar. Mix well.
- Add the butter. Knead together until crumbs are moist and slightly sticking together.
- Press crumbs into an 8 inch pie dish to form the crust.
- Place crust in refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes.
- Place crust on middle rack in oven, bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove crust from oven, sit on wire rack.
- Place milk in large mixing bowl.
- Add egg yolks.
- Beat mixture together until yolks are fully incorporated.
- Add the citrus juice.
- Beat again until everything is completely combined. Very important.
- Pour mixture into crust shell. Crust doesn’t have to be completely cooled.
- Place pie in oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until filling has set.
- Remove when done. Place on wire rack to cool. Refrigerate before cutting.
- Pie needs to be completely cold before slicing, but let it come to room temp before serving.
- Top each slice with whipped cream and a sprinkling of Sea Salt.
Keywords: Atlantic beach pie recipe, made from scratch, lemon-lime pie, southern, crooks corner