This thick and hearty Beef Stew is a one-pot meal that is much more quick and easy than you might at first think. It only requires a few simple ingredients to prepare and although it has a lengthy cooking time, it’s a great way to cook up supper without a lot of fuss. Slowly simmered to bring out all the flavors, you can sit back and relax while this one cooks.
- 2 – lbs of Stew Beef
- 4 – Cups of warm water
- 4 – teaspoons of Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 – medium Onion, sliced
- 3 – medium Carrots, sliced
- 6 – Red Potatoes, quartered and diced
- 2 – Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/3 – cup Tomato Paste
- 1 – teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 – teaspoon Salt
- 1 – teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 – teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 – teaspoon Paprika
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add in the stew beef cubes, brown for about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of warm tap water.
- Add sliced onions.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce
- Add Salt
- Add Sugar
- Add Black Pepper
- Add Paprika
- Cover, let simmer on medium-low heat for 1 hour.
- Add carrots
- Add Potatoes
- Add Tomato Paste
- Add Beef Granules, stir all ingredients well.
- Cover again, simmer for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Serve this Beef Stew in a bowl by itself for a hearty and delicious meal..or…serve it alongside some rice and cornbread to stretch it out even further.
Keywords: Home Made Beef Stew Recipe, made from scratch, vegetable beef stew, homemade, old fashioned, southern recipes