Follow this step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make our Deviled Eggs. A true Southern favorite for family get togethers, church meeting dinner on the grounds or, any time a quick and easy appetizer is needed. Deviled Eggs are so versatile. Make our basic recipe or, spice it up a bit by adding some of your favorite things like bacon, olives, peppers and so much more.
- 7 Eggs
- ¼ cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish, if desired
- Bring eggs to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Place eggs in a deep sauce pot.
- Cover eggs with about one inch of cold water.
- Place eggs over medium-high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Let boil for 2 minutes, cover with tight fitting lid, remove from heat.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain hot water off the eggs.
- Fill sauce pan with cold water, covering eggs again with about one inch of water.
- Carefully peel the shells away from the eggs and rinse eggs under cool running water.
- Slice each egg in half, lengthwise
- Gently squeeze eggs to remove the yolks, place yolks in a bowl and sit white portions aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add Mayo.
- Add Mustard.
- Add Sweet Pickle Relish.
- Add Salt
- Add Black or White Pepper, to taste, as desired.
- Mix everything together well.
- Add mixture to a Ziplock bag, clip tip of one corner off.
- Squeeze egg mixture into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika or garnish as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Deviled Eggs Recipe, made from scratch, southern, old fashioned, Duke's Mayonnaise, southern recipes