Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to prepare Chitlin Loaf. Whether you call them Chitlins, or Chitterlings, we’ll show you how to enjoy them. Chitlin Loaf is probably the easiest and best way to try them.
- 2lb Chitterling Loaf, fully cooked
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- Chop the chitlin loaf into small pieces, as desired.
- Place chitlins in a medium sized stock pot, on your stove top, over Medium heat.
- Bring to a low simmer.
- When the gel has melted, pour about half of the gel off , leaving enough to cover chitlins.
- Discard the removed gel.
- Add the black pepper.
- Add the vinegar.
- Add the hot sauce, stir well.
- Reduce heat to about medium-low.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes, until chitlins are fork tender.
- Serve warm.
Keep in mind that this is a fully cooked chitterling loaf. You may find “cleaned chitterlings” in your local grocery store that will need to be further cleaned and then cooked.
Keywords: Chitlin Loaf Recipe, chitterlings, soul food recipe, Nahunta Pork Center, southern recipes